Diskmod.sys was originally written to allow pagefile.sys to reside in a USB Hard Disk.However its other features include disguising UFDs as HDDs and HDDs as UFDs.
I – Install and use diskmod.sys
Note : For Windows 7 64 bit, you need to enable TESTSIGNING before installing Diskmod. Run command prompt as admin and execute this command
Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
Steps to follow :
- Download and extract diskmod-0.0.2.2.zip
- Right Click on diskmod.inf – Install
- Run UFDasHDD.bat and replug your USB Flash Drive to make it appear as Fixed Disk
- Run UFDNormal.bat and replug your USB Flash Drive to make it appear normally as Removable Media
- Run USBHDDasUFD.bat and replug your USB Hard Disk to make it appear as Removable Media
- Run USBHDDnormal.bat and replug your USB Hard Disk to make it appear normally as Fixed Disk.
- USB Flash Drives can be disguised as USB HDDs
- USB HDDs can be disguised as USB Flash Drives.This feature was missing in cfadisk.sys and dummydisk.sys
- Easy to install.No Reboot required
- Very easy to switch between Removable and Fixed modes for both USB Flash Drives and USB HDDs.You just have to change a value in the registry and replug your USB Device
- All connected USB Devices are affected.